DMK app is not connecting to DMK Box on iPad

Nick Padinha

21 Mar, 2018 11:17 PM

I'm trying to run the DMK App on an iPad Mini 2 with iOS 11.2.5. I have the DMK Box connected to a NMEA 2000 backbone. When the DMK Box has power, my iPad can see the WiFi network dmkyacht and connect to it, but the DMK app itself receives no data at all. If I enter any of the settings menus in the DMK app configuration section, it reads "You are not connected to your DMK Box" even though the WiFi connection is established.

So far I have tried:
-- Restarting the iPad
-- Performing a factory reset on the DMK Box.
-- Selecting "Forget This Network" in the iPad's WiFi settings and reentering the configuration.

Additionally, I was able to confirm that the DMK is sending some packets by:
1. Disconnecting the iPad from the dmkyacht WiFi network
2. Connecting a PC to the dmkyacht WiFi network and configuring the network connection per the DMK Owner's Guide
3. Using WireShark to examine the traffic on the WiFi interface, confirming that UDP packets are flowing from 192.168.1.124 to 192.168.1.2

At this point I am out of ideas for how to get the DMK app working on the iPad. Any assistance you can provide will be appreciated.

Best,
Nick Padinha

1. 1 Posted by donhudak on 27 Jun, 2018 02:41 PM

Having same problem . DMK indicates that they need new software to run the new i pads. I have been waiting a couple of months for the fix.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac