NMEA 2000 with Seatalk

Bill

17 Dec, 2016 12:11 AM

Appendix A in the Owner's Manual shows the DMK 11A brown wire connecting to the NMEA 2K red wire (+). It also shows the DMK brown wire connecting to the red wire (+) for Seatalk. It seems highly unlikely that the NMEA 2K power wire and Seatalk power wires should be connected so I chose to use the NMEA 2K as the power source leaving the Seatalk red wire disconnected. The other two Seatalk wires were connected as per the example diagram. Results: The DMK LEDS indicate ample NMEA 2K traffic but no Seatalk signals. Likewise the DMK App displays >100/second of NEMA 2K sentences and no Seatalk data. I also have NMEA 0183, which I intend to connect once I get the Seatalk to function.
Please explain how to properly configure connections for acquiring NMEA 2K, NMEA 0183, and Seatalk togeather.
P.S. Apparently your "human verification" technology is not itself human as it dis not recognize the scientific fact that the color of the sun is 5780 K at the top of the atmosphere. It wanted the imprecise answer of yellow.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac