DMK 11A to GX2200

asher.bobby

24 Feb, 2015 01:57 AM

Just received my DMK 11A today, looking forward to getting to the boat on Saturday for installation! Which wiring diagram in the instruction manual would I use to connect the DMK 11A to my Standard Horizon GX2200? I would like for the internal GPS on the 2200 to broadcast to iNax on the iPad, as well as the AIS information.

Many thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by kevin.dolan on 09 Mar, 2015 04:04 PM

Hey Bobby,

I know from our phone call that things got worked out so this reply is more for future customers hooking to the Standard Horizon GX2200. As per the 2200's manual and wiring diagram, the following wiring connections need to be made, DMK - GX2200. Orange - Yellow, Green - Gray, and Black/White - Battery (-). It is important to have the last two connected together and then back to the battery negative in order to get the signal between the other two wires to work correctly.
    Also the GX2200 must be configured to output the GPS messages on the DSC (Gray) wire. Refer to page 125 of the GX2200's manual and turn on the GGA, GLL, GSV, GSA, and RMC sentences.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac