Engine monitor

tclam

30 Aug, 2014 11:09 PM

Hi Kevin,
I met you at the Oakland Boat Show. When I pull our boat out this fall, I want to install the engine monitor box for my 3JH4E Yanmar to read the engine instruments on my Raymarine ST70+ on the Raymarine SeaTalk backbone. I will need you to set in the engine hours.
Please let me know what cables I need to connect.
I sent my friend Karl Freienmuth to you guy for one of your boxes. He is happy.

Aloha,
Tom Likos from Hawaii

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by kevin.dolan on 02 Sep, 2014 11:04 PM

Hello Tom,
    Thank you for the referral. If you have a Yanmar B panel, with just a tack and idiot lights, then I recommend you purchase the Yanmar kit we made to go with the engine. This kit includes the senders, adapters, and wires to input the analog signals into the box. We have it installed on two 3JH4E's and both owners are happy. If you have the C panel with the oil pressure and temp gauges on it then you just need to take the signals off of the back of the gauges. This will require some short 18-20 gauge wire and small ring connectors.
    On the output side it will depend on how you are currently set up. In the worst case you will need a Seatalk NG to NMEA 2000 drop cable, a Seatalk NG T connector and an additional backbone cable. In the best case, you have an open port somewhere and you will only need the drop cable. Before you order send me an email with more specifics and I'll make sure to either include what you need or work with you to get it.

2. 2 Posted by tclam on 02 Sep, 2014 11:13 PM

Hi Kevin,

I have the C panel. Very close to the C panel I have a Raymarine
    ST70+. I can plug into one side of it with the SeaTalk cable. I did my
    own SeaTalk installation and I have a bunch of cables of all types left
    over. Send me a picture of the cable that I need to go from the DMK box
    to the ST70+.

Aloha,

Tom Likos

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac