DMK Box 11A on a Seatalk NG only network

Fabrizio Bartolini

19 May, 2014 04:40 PM

Hi,

I am considering installing a DMK Box 11A primarily to use my iRegatta pro iPhone app. I have a Seatalk NG only network, and was trying to figure out how to connect to this. In some places I have seen a suggestion of using an Actisense NGW-1-STNG (a Seatalk NG to NMEA 0183 bidirectional Gateway). I have however also read that with the newer firmwares the DMK Box 11A also accepts NMEA 2000, and I thought this might be enough. Could you please clarify if both products are needed in order to get my Seatalk NG data into my iRegatta? Or just the DMK Box is needed?

Thanks.

1. 1 Posted by John Folk on 20 May, 2014 12:14 AM

I have the same question looking forward to DMK response.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by kevin.dolan on 02 Jun, 2014 08:28 PM

Hello Fabrizio,

I'm sorry about the late reply but I hope my answer finds you in time. With the DMK 11A you do not need a converter box to run iRegatta. The box is installed by adding a T connection and drop cable to the NG backbone and then splicing the NG drop cable to power the box and bring in the Seatalk NG/NMEA 2000 data. iRegatta can use this data directly and it has been well tested. If you have any problems making the wiring connections you can always call the support number on the side or the 11A.

Best,

Kevin

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac